On September 23, 1957, St. Mary's School, under the leadership of Principal, Sr. Mary Florentine, opened its portals to 98 students in grades one thru three. The Felician Sisters, in their newly renovated Convent (formerly the church rectory), started the 1st Catholic School ever in the town of Simsbury, CT. Formally dedicated, by then Archbishop Henry J. O'Brien, in November of the same year, the importance of a faith-filled parochial education in helping develop the whole child was expressed. The students, girls in blue dresses with net tiara headbands and boys in their Sunday best trousers,white dress shirts, navy ties plus a blue or gold cape, stood proudly as the school's cornerstone was blessed.
Please join us in celebrating 60 amazing years of academic excellence and support the thriving future of our school.